Sunday 15 August 2010

Dreaming catching reminising...




Aww dreamcatchers remind me of my Mum, when I was about 9, she went over to Canada for work and came back with the sweetest little dream catcher for me.
I (super fussy) at age 9, hated anything that was coloured in shades of brown or orange or anything earthy or what I thought was "yukky" looking, except for some reason I loved this dark tan leather wrapped "dream catcher" and I've still got it packaged away in my stored boxes in Australia.


Dream catchers are one of the most fascinating traditions of Native Americans. The traditional
dream catcher was intended to protect the sleeping individual from negative dreams, while letting positive dreams through. The positive dreams would slip through the hole in the center of the dream catcher, and glide down the feathers to the sleeping person below. The negative dreams would get caught up in the web, and expire when the first rays of the sun struck them.

No comments:

Post a Comment